Deadline: 5th September, 2020.
Purpose for Funding Opportunity
The purpose of the partnership grant is to encourage participation and collaboration with partner State
Water Boards (SWBs) toward approaches to support WASH service delivery. The grants will support
local entities (CSOs, CBOs, Associations, etc.) that have a coherent plan to achieve on of the following:
• enhance social accountability and institutional transparency within water utilities;
• promote, organize or enhance urban water or sanitation service delivery;
• enhance advocacy and strategic communication efforts to spur transformational change in the sector;
• use behavior change communication to promote key hygiene behaviors; or
• engage in other related sector themes that help achieve E-WASH contract objectives.
The partnership grant will be awarded in combination with technical assistance, training, and/or other
inputs toward achievement of specific objectives that respond to expressed local needs in and
contributes to achievement of stated expected results in E-WASH partner states. At the time of
issuances, these states are: Abia, Delta, Imo, Niger and Taraba. Opportunities for leveraged funds, is
encouraged, which are expected to be higher from a private sector partnership with local CSOs.
Issuance of this RFA does not constitute an award, a commitment on the part of RTI or USAID nor does
it commit to pay for costs incurred in the submission of an application. In addition, this RFA is not intended
to replace any current or future funding agreements organizations may have with any government
Objectives of E-WASH Program
The USAID E-WASH Program will work toward achieving the following mutually reinforcing
• Create professionally managed and commercially oriented SWBs.
• Improve the financial and operational viability of SWBs.
• Strengthen policy, institutional, and regulatory frameworks for improved WASH services.
• Build national and state WASH advocacy, coordination, and communications for reform.
Applicants must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to qualify
for funding under this RFA:
1. Be legally registered in NigeriaHave physical space to conduct their activities.
2. Have a proven track record of successful implementation of projects in the state.
3. Have been active for at least 3 years operating within their sector and respective state.
4. Have three (3) or more full time or part time members of staff.
5. Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, not acting as an
6. Be willing to comply with all technical and financial requirements for participation in the program,
including reporting and documentation of project activities, communication strategy and capacity
7. Be willing to participate in assessments, trainings, workshops, or other activities considered
important for achieving project goals and strengthening organizational capacity
8. Be eligible to receive awards from the United States Government.
For more information and application details, see; USAID E-WASH Grants in Nigeria